It’s coming up to the weekend you’ve got mates coming around to watch the footy. Or maybe you’re planning on throwing a fancy dinner party to impress your friends. Or maybe you’re just looking for a tasty dinner to enjoy with a beer. Either way, we’ve got your dinner covered thanks to Lillie’s Q.
For your convenience the good folks at Lillie’s Q have put together a range of recipes using their excellent products, and we thought we’d share them with you so you can treat yourself (and your friends) to the deliciousness that is Lillie’s Q sauces and rubs.
This week the spotlight is on two of their products: Gold sauce and Q-Rub meat rub.
Q-Rub: This quick working meat rub is an all rounder- perfect for beef, pork, chicken and turkey. Salt based with a dash of black pepper and garlic, Q-Rub will add new life to your favourite cuts of meat in just 15 minutes!
Gold: This golden sauce is mustard base with a good taste of South Carolina tang. A bite of pepper makes Gold the perfect match for chicken (as you’ll see in this recipe) but also pork and hot links!
Lillie's Q Gold Chicken
6 Chicken Thighs
1 tbsp Lillie's Q-Rub
1 and 1/2 cups Chicken Stock (without sodium if possible)
1/2 cup Lillie's Q Gold
- Trim excess skin around chicken thighs and season both sides generously with Q-Rub
- In a large frying pan heat oil or butter on medium-high heat. Place chicken thighs skin side down to sear. When skin is golden brown, flip thighs and sear the other side. (If you're using a slow cooker, sear the chicken directly in this)
- Mix chicken stock and Lillie's Q Gold sauce and add to pan (or slow cooker). Bring to a boil
- Move chicken thighs and sauce to slow cooker and cook on high for 1 hour. Baste chicken thighs with liquid every 20 minutes
- During the final 20 minutes, show those thighs some #MopYourMeat, brushing with Lillie's Q Gold sauce
- Remove from slow cooker and serve immediately
If you make this recipe, or have any of your own don’t forget to share it with the #productdistribution hashtag- and tag us @productdistribution so we can see!